Yes!

Sean Penn won, yay!!

And so did Dustin Lance Black, screenwriter of Milk. Below is a portion of his acceptance speech, and what a beautiul speech it is.

"When I was 13 years old, my beautiful mother and my father moved me from a conservative Mormon home in San Antonio, Texas to California, and I heard the story of Harvey Milk. And it gave me hope. It gave me the hope to live my life. It gave me the hope one day I could live my life openly as who I am and then maybe even I could even fall in love and one day get married.

...if Harvey had not been taken from us 30 years ago, I think he'd want me to say to all of the gay and lesbian kids out there tonight who have been told that they are less than by their churches, by the government or by their families, that you are beautiful, wonderful creatures of value and that no matter what anyone tells you, God does love you..."

Relive the entire Original Screenplay category presentation below (with Tina Fey and Steve Martin providing poker-faced amusement)

Comments

Cast your nomination for the Rainbow Blog of the Week. By visiting this link:
http://www.rainbowbloggers.com/2009/02/rainbow-blog-of-week.html

You can nominate your friend’s blog and even your own blog.

-RBP Membership and Publicity
http://www.rainbowbloggers.com
“We are more than yellow pages”
Anonymous said…
Hi, I'm conducting a survey regarding disabled people. Kindly vote on the poll I've made. Click this to see the poll.

Thank you.

Sorry if I used this space. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout