The speeding motorcycle almost hit the rear of the jeep I was riding tonight. I was sitting at the far end of the full vehicle which had stopped behind another jeep that was unloading passengers, and I was only able to catch a quick glimpse of the two men on the bike before they disappeared from view.

A crash sounded a split-second later, and the passengers opposite me turned as gasps filled the air. From where I was, I caught sight of a large truck that had stopped from the traffic, and a few men rushing toward its front end. As the jeep moved on to my destination, with its driver shaking his head over what happened, I looked back and saw the motorcycle leaning against the grey truck. Below it, two bodies lay motionless on the street.

The other passengers beside me agreed--whoever was on that motorcycle didn't stand a chance. My chest was tight and heavy for the rest of the trip.

Comments

jesus... tell me you are alright now... *HUGS*... that was close. thank Someone or Something...
yo carlo!
i saw you seating at the end of the jeep. i thought that wasn't you. i rode the other jeep behind.

i saw also that accident.
geez..traffic..after that.
Anonymous said…
Erica. It was freaky. I had never been that close to an accident my whole life.

Azreal. Really? Were you on your way home, too?
Charles said…
Glad to know you arrived home safe enough to blog about it. =)
Clayman said…
Carlo: Guess what? On my way home from class last Monday night, I also passed by someone who got hit.

The body lay there on the floor, and the police didn't even bother to put it on the side or cover it until the ambulance arrives. It was just there on full display. (I didn't look at it. I can't.)

A few feet ahead was a black Expedition. I'm not sure if that was the one that hit the person.

Incidents like this are the reaons why I really dislike the U-Turn slot scheme of MMDA!!! You implement U-Turn slots for countries that have disciplined drivers, not in this country.

Sigh!

Take care. HUGS! :D :D :D
yo carlo!
yup i was on my home.
sa may floodway yun di ba.
after the bridge.

creepy nga e
midicrux said…
Goodness! I'm glad you're okay, Carl!!! Whew!

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout