I received a call for auditions a few weeks ago to New Voice Company’s November production of Cabaret, the Sam Mendes (American Beauty) version, which is supposed to be a darker and raunchier take of the classic musical. I’m normally averse to musicals, but something in me just wanted to take the chance even if I was sure I wouldn’t make the grade. Anyhoos, last Saturday was full day for me, so I wasn't able to go.

Darn, I miss acting.

- - - - - - - - - -

I had a blast watching The Chronicles of Riddick, despite the major “riddick-ulous” holes in logic. This is the kind of movie where moviegoers would do well to just sit back and enjoy the lightshow. Needless to say, I enjoyed watching Vin Diesel do his macho thing. Then there were Thandie Newton, Judi Dench and Linus Roache who added generous servings of sugar to the eye candy.

Speaking of Vin Diesel, I just found out that he used to be an avid plyer of Dungeons and Dragons. One of the recent issues of Dragon Magazine reported that his character in XXX had a tattoo spelling out the word Melkor, the name of his D&D character. Diesel will be giving the introductory note in the coffee table book 30 Years of Adventure, which chronicles the development of the Dungeons and Dragons game from the 1970s to the present. This book is a definite must-have for fans of the game.

(I’m also eager to get my hands on the new D&D Basic Set, and improved and streamlined update of the “red box” of old.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Marco got himself a new phone… again. A sleeky pretty Nokia 7610. My 3350 is quickly becoming a dinosaur, but I don’t think I’ll be getting a new phone anytime soon. Maybe I’ll do so by the end of next year, or if and when my unit commits suicide. Who knows what beauties will assail the market by that time.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I have a bit of a problem with Zsazsa In Manila. As all the juicy ideas piece themselves together in my head, threading together in a solid plot line, I realize that the Zsazsa sequel may be a tad too long. The tapering process is going to be bloody, especialy since a bunch of supporting characters will figure in the next book. With the target page count between 240 and 280, I’m getting worried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout