The highlight of last weekend was attending the birthday party of top children’s book illustrator Jason Moss, who first made his existence known to me through gushing fan mail. Months later, he was able to get in touch with me via cell after wrangling some poor soul for my number.

Being an introvert, I don’t fare very well in large parties, particularly those where I hardly know anyone. I’d normally be the guy in the corner, a lone spectator, a wall flower, who’ll only engage in conversation when prompted to by outside stimuli. Thankfully, and quite surprisingly, Maestro Moss and I had common friends so my evening wasn’t a total disaster. It was actually quite fun, practicing my tentative social skills as I met new folks and caught up with old friends in one evening. Thank God, my social life isn’t completely dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout