Comics Update

On the art side, I'm set on starting Twilight Empires next month, after I purchase a drawing table that suits me. The idea is to finish two to three issues before June and see how things turn out then pace the rest to keep the work fresh.

I have a story for the next Siglo anthology and the upcoming Alamat anthology, though I've yet to get the writing cap fully functioning. (Story deadline is next month! AAACKK!!) Twelve pages for the former and ten for the latter. The stories are unlike my previous works, in that the Siglo story will have a supernatural bent in its dramatic base, while the one for Alamat is a retelling of a classic Filipino legend. I'll be experimenting a bit on the art style, too.

(Speaking of Siglo, the formal launch is late next week at the Glorietta.)

With the Zsazsa Zaturnnah Collected Edition slowly finding its way to bookstores across the archipelago, I've been doing prep work on the sequel, tentatively entitled Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah sa Kalakhang Maynila. (Or Zsazsa In Manila for editorial convenience).

Notably thicker than the first book, Zsazsa In Manila pits our heroes against a serpentine villaness whose sights are trained on conventional genre villainy. I say "heroes" because Zsazsa Zaturnnah will be joined by no less than four new crimefighting characters. Serpentine Villainess has five of her own superpowered lackeys dead set on making our heroes' lives difficult. Because of the increase in cast, I'm working with a budget of around 240 pages. Maybe more.

Whew! Budjette told me over text that Fully Booked recently ran out of copies. I went to Powerbooks Live in Makati the other night, and their Customer Service said that they'd run out, too. I reported these to my publisher, who in turn reminded me about the book tour. *Sigh* Paubusin siguro muna yung unang print run.

Todo na 'tooohhh!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

The Brilliance of 'Atang'