Being Vocal

A couple of nights ago, I was in a recording studio to do the voice-over (VO) for the audio-video presentation (AVP) of a charity foundation. For a while, it took some effort to get the vocal chords in proper modulated mode, but it turned out quite well with a few retakes.

Now the label "vocal talent" isn't exactly one I take seriously, since my speaking voice isn't up to par compared to the seasoned. On separate occasions, I submitted a demo tape to an ad agency and did a voice demo for a production house, but never managed to bag anything out of it. Before this AVP, I did only two "professional" VO's: one was for InfoExpress' interactive voice response system ("Press one for movie schedules, press two for screening times..."), and the other one was a radio ad for Cinnabon.

Doing VO's is fun, even if I struggle a few times to keep my voice consistent. Still, I'd rather use my voice for singing, one of my delusions of grandeur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout