Odd Hero

Through Dreamscapes gal Camille, the gang will be converging tonight at SM Megamall for the premiere of Ang Lee's The Hulk starring Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly and Nick Nolte. Gawd, the movie Hulk is huge! Check out the photo stills in the movie site to see how much of a behemoth the movie version is. I've been preconditioned to Lou Ferrigno, really. Too bad Bill Bixby isn't around anymore.

The trailers didn't impress me much, especially after trying to suspend my disbelief towards the CGI Hulk which looked more like a plush toy, weightless and artificial, than the hot-headed green goliath. But I trust Ang Lee to add substance to this film. The Marvel comic adapatation revealed that the official bad guy in the movie is The Absorbing Man, another interesting CGI subject. In an interview, Nick Nolte (who plays Bruce Banner's father in the film) said that he never wanted to do a superhero film, but agreed eventually when Lee gave the "Greek tragedy" sales pitch. I'm hoping this tragedy won't end up tragic for me.

Edging Closer

After reading Dean's blog last night, I checked out my unfinished Hinirang story, Isa Pang Awit, to see if I had pooled enough mental resources to continue the thing. After an hour, I mustered four new lengthy paragraphs and some retooling of existing ones. Hopefully I'll be able to finish this one Wednesday night, and try to start a new story to submit by Friday.

It's ironic that I can't apply the way I write comic scripts to writing prose. In doing comics scripts, I'm very comfortable doing the non-linear thing, wherein I don't necessarily have to go the beginning-middle-end writing route. But for prose, I find myself sticking to linear, and this surely takes up more time. I hope to learn soon how to do the hop-to-and-fro writing method with the massive edits brought to fore later on.

- - - - - - - - - -

Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout