Swamped Thang

Listening to: Numb/Encore, Linkin Park and Jay-Z

Arrggh... I am swamped (mostly my fault). Sorry for not posting lately.

2008 kicked off pretty well for me with heavy stuff on the plate. If this is any indication of how the rest of the year is going to be, I guess that only bigger and better will come my way.

Let it be so.

But then it's all going to take place in a smoother fashion with the right mindset. I was talking with a co-worker yesterday and it looked like the kind of lives we led were similar. We had that safe, tentative disposition, thinking out of the box but not really stepping out of it. Though, in my case, I have stepped out a few times over the past couple of years with every good and challenging encounter. A few foibles now and then, but not bad overall.

I relearned a valuable lesson from El and Jonas on separate occasions. I have to, again, put a rein on announcing anything that's not nearly done. It's that whole udlot thing, which has put me to shame one too many times. But right now I can say confidently that my eight-page little story for El's Love and Heartbreak anthology is done. I just don't know when that will hit the store racks. It's a simple comics story about a gay guy and an alien invasion, in case you're wondering.

So right now I'm a swamped thang, but I'll try to celebrate my upcoming birthday without the pangs of stress. And with feelings of gratitude.

Comments

p said…
Numb is the best especially for your post. Wishing you all the best.. and advance happy birthday.
Clayman said…
Yiheee! Someone's going to turn... ehrm... See you soon. Biggest hugs!
jonasdiego said…
Advance happy birthday, Carver! :)
Carver said…
paolo and jonas... salamat :)

angelo... 26 po. :)

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout