Work Work Work and More Work

There will be a superlative increase in activity levels for the next two months.

I’m short of signing a contract with a publisher for the Zsazsa Zaturnnah compilation, scheduled for a late-November/early-December release in time for the Yuletide shopping frenzy. The retail price will be only slightly lower than the Php240 total of Parts 1 and 2, thanks to the addition of four 10” x 12” color pin-ups, perforated near the spine for your detaching pleasure. Needless to say, I’m gunning for extra oomph for the pin-ups, and those who have been salivating over Zsazsa and Dodong are in for wee treats.

Apart from working on the pin-ups, I’m creating new art for the covers, chapter breaks and the foreword and afterword. So this translates to over 16 new plates to do for submission in less than three weeks.

My responsibilities for Project: One Hundred have increased, too, and I’m also in the process of tinkering with Vin’s Twilight Empires first-issue script and doing initial lay-out thumbs. Thankfully, I’ll be able to purchase a replacement PC within the next few days for home-based production work. (Sidelines can be a wonderful thing.)

Come November, a much-needed break, and time to do writing again. I’d like to finish the first draft of my next solo project before January, and begin art chores by summer 2004. (If the Fates turn a favorable eye on Vin’s Twilight Empires plans, then I’m going to have to consider living the hermit’s life.)

All that and the full-time job. Is it even conceivable to get a decent workout in there?

Bloated eyebags ought to be in vogue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

The Brilliance of 'Atang'