I reported for work at 3:00 pm today despite my feeling waaay off register. I think it had something to do with the ghastly amount of exhaust fumes I inhaled last night while commuting home. I hadn't commuted home through Cubao for quite a while, and it didn't help that I couldn't see the bursts of black fumes at night which should have normally given me the visual cue to cover my nose. I woke up this morning with a slight pain in my chest, a sore throat, and aching joints, prompting me to pop an anti-bacterial.

Brain activity has been deteriorating of late. There are times when I couldn't think straight. And the squeezing in my skull has been coming and going quite more often lately. The long weekend will hopefully help get me back on track.

I needed to report for work today to get as much as I could done on a brochure project. Now this oversized document is something I've never really done before, so I've been really gung-ho about it. But then, I can't help but feel that there's something wrong with it. I mean, I knew it was a great concept the first time I thought of it. The original studies for client presentation were way cool in my book, and the client really liked them. But when it came down to execution, I found myself twitching my earlobes trying to put a finger on what's wrong with it. Thankfully, despite my current physical and mental state, I've managed to 'fix' the design and it works more to my liking now. I'm bringing the files home so I can work on it over the weekend, along with the gang's photocopy comics project That Magic Moment.

Happy Long Weekend, Philippines! And Happy Independence Day! (Despite everything, I'm glad I live here.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout