Country Waffle Conversations

I love hanging out by my lonesome in cafes, passing time over some hot brew, thinking about stuff and more. I'd have my notebook or sketchpad open, doodling or scribbling as my mood dictated. While working for Pipe, Country Waffles Annapolis was the place to go.

A few nights ago, the table beside mine was the refuge of a group of gay people who I had assumed to be working for the fashion industry. Their voices were so loud that it was near impossible to hear what they were talking about. One of them started to talk about Zsazsa Zaturnnah, sharing his delight with his companions. After a few laughs, they moved to another topic.

It was flattering to hear him go on and on about it, enumerating those parts of the book he enjoyed. But I felt like a voyeur, not just an eavesdropper, as if I was behind a one-way mirror. I don't know if any of you ever experienced this before, but let me tell you that it felt... rather odd.

But I like the fact that there are people who've been talking about Zaturnnah. I pray that when I release Zsazsa In Manila, they'd be talking about that too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout