Drawing Mark Spencer of "Love Is In The Bag"

At the KomikStrip convention held at the University of the Philippines - Los Baños last February 13, I was assigned the table beside Studio Studio, the group led by Ace Vitangcol which produces "Love Is In The Bag." You may have seen this Pinoy manga series in the bookstore and wondered if it was imported.

It's about a girl who transforms into a bag when under extreme stress, particularly when she sees her crush. This is particularly advantageous for her, because she doesn't make a mess of herself and someone can just whisk her away inconspicuously. When I see my crush, on the other hand, my innards just explode and I melt into a brown bubbly morass. Good luck, right?

I lent my 12-year old niece the four books in the series, and she went through them all in one sitting. There will be a fifth book, Ace says, and it will be the final book. Anyway, Ace asked me to draw one of the series' most beloved characters--the brooding basketball hunk Mark Spencer. (The dazzling colors were executed by Andrew Agoncillo. I'm not that good with colors.)


(Click on the image to enlarge)

Comments

Hazel Manzano said…
ang ganda! ginawan ko ng love scene si mark spencer and the captain heheh.

LIITB is one of the best manga I've seen in the local scene. Also, dragon kid comes next pero kasi isang indie pa lang nagagawa niya. Producing 5 manga novels requires discpline and hard work.

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout