I've posted a few drawings recently, so here's a little something about the writing part...
Writing is like growing a friendship. In building your deep friendship with Writing, here's what to expect:
1) If you want to be good friends with Writing, you have to spend time with her. Mag-hang out kayo on a regular basis. Kayong dalawa lang. Mag-usap kayo.
2) You'll discover that Writing has her moods. Madalas na totopakin siya't hindi ka niya papakinggan. Gusto mo mang magsulat, but Writing will tell you she has a headache. Be patient with her.
3) Sometimes she'll try to get your attention. Tatawagin ka at 3:00 a.m. at gusto niyang magtelebabad. Worse, she might compete for your time, and your friends won't understand why you'd want to hang out with her.
4) Hindi sasabihin ni Writing ang lahat ng kanyang sikreto. It's your job to find out her secrets from other sources--books, other writers, websites, etc. She'll say, "Find out first, then we'll talk."
5) Writing wants to be entertained because she gets bored easily. She doesn't want to hear the same old thing. Kung magdyo-joke ka, ibahin mo ang atake para maengganyo siya sa 'yo.
6) Writing wants to know what you think and how you think, apart from what you know.
7) Habang chumichika ka kay Writing, she might suddenly say, "Hey, that reminds me of another great story. It's about blah blah blah..." Resist the temptation to be dragged away by "fresh new story." You can take notes and engage her for a short while so as not to offend her, but slowly get her back into your story. It's really a habit of hers, so she'll understand.
8) She'll sometimes say. "Will you get out of my face for a while?! Wala ka bang ibang kaibigan?!" Get new experiences and new insights. Read. Watch a movie. Talk to other people and listen to them. Take time to find new things, para may bago kang ikukuwento kay Writing.
9) If you don't want to talk to Writing, she won't care. There are thousands of others who want her attention.
10) Writing can be picky. Just when you thought na mahilig siya sa cheesy fries, iba na ang hihingiin niya sa 'yo. Minsan, okey lang sa kanya na dagdagan mo ng bacon ang cheesy fries niya, pero minsan naman ay hahanapan ka ng Chicago pizza sa Sbarro's. O 'di kaya'y hilaw na mangga na galing sa Babuyan Islands.
11) Writing is meticulous. "Hello! Bakit hindi capitalized ang sentences mo? Mag-aral ka nga ng subject-verb agreement! At gumagamit ka ng textspeak, yuck! Eto ang thesaurus, lamunin mo!"
12) Writing can be harsh, too. "Alam mo, hindi ka magaling! Napaka-ambitious mo! Gusto mong maging manunulat pero ang tamad-tamad mo! Duwag ka! Kung 'di mo uulitin itong isinulat mo, buburahin kita sa Friendster ko!"
13) In the end, being friends with Writing can be very rewarding. Yes, she can be very difficult, but she will cooperate with you, even give you a pleasant surprise, when you invest time in building your friendship with her. She may not guarantee you an award or a publishing deal, but you'll realize that when you get to know more about her,you get to know more about yourself. And the further you'll grow.