Metacritic rates "Queen Raquela"

The Amazing Truth About Queen Raquela, helmed by Icelandic Olaf de Fleur Johannesson and starring Raquela Rios, received an average rating of 57/100 from seven critics reviews over at Metacritic.com.

Queen Raquela is about a Cebu-based transsexual, who dreams of living an ultimate transsexual fantasy--to meet Mr. Right and live happily ever after in a faraway land. The film already bagged the best gay/lesbian feature film award at the recent Berlin International FIlm Festival.

Speaking of international awards, Dante Nico Garcia's Ploning will get a chance at Oscar glory, the film having been chosen as our representative in the foreign language category. The Judy Ann Santos-starrer beat out Chito Roño's Caregiver by votation. While I didn't like Ploning as much as I wanted to--it was just okay to me--I'm glad it was chosen over Caregiver. The latter film, while engaging (I loved how it ended), looked rushed and felt too safe.

By the way, is Thank You Girls still showing? I wanna see that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout