- Be Professional. You must have the conduct of a professional to be treated in a professional way. Research a bit about how the publishing industry operates, and what is expected of an author.
- Make your work well-Researched. Your work should highlight an expertise or knack you possess or practice. Your work should present itself as an authority, or at least should tell a publisher and reader that you know what you're talking about.
- Make your work well-Edited. Your work should have been read and reread, edited, revised, and polished.
- Make your work Stimulate. Your work should have content that provokes the kind of emotional or intellectual response you intend.
- Make your work Connect. Your work should use a style that is attuned to the audience you want to reach.
- Make your work Unique in the marketplace. Your work should offer something new, or offer a new take on a subject.
Put them all together, you get PRESCU! In short, your work should be "fresh." :-)