Meme: Page 123

Okaaaay... Now I've confessed that I'm not much of a fiction reader, though I've tried on and off. Short stories are no longer a problem, but novels are still gargantuan challenges.

So Gibbs tags me with this:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Mark the fifth sentence. Pick up the next three sentences and post. (In other words, post sentence nos. 6-8 on page 123.)
4. Acknowledge the book and the author.
5. Tag 3 people in turn.

The book in question is Jose Rizal's Noli Me Tangere, translated by National Artist Virgilio S. Almario. I purchased it last year and have begun reading it on an irregular basis. Here's the quote...
Sandaling humihinto ang mga tao pagkakita sa kanya, nag-uusap na sinusundan siya ng tingin. Nakita niyang lahat ito, nararamdaman bagaman nanatili siyang nakatungo.
Narining niya ang isang lapastangang tinig ng babae buhat sa likuran at halos pasigaw na nagtanong.
Tagging Tobie, Erica, and Jheck.

Comments

sineasta said…
josko! tama ba itu? english books ang mga malalapit sa 'kin! pang-lesson, eh. ayan magiging corny tuloy. hehehe..

anyway, will do so..
midicrux said…
I did this, but the book I read was a poetry book, so I could hardly ever get to the fifth sentence. More like the fifth line or verse. But, anyway, here's a quote:

"Go back to the starting line. Your original love is you." - Sophie Hannah, from "Black River"
Tobie said…
I already did this! Hahahah!
Miss you bro.

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout