Booky

It's nice to get a few books now and then, though most of the time I buy non-fiction or reference books. I like buying references because I'm into that whole learning and re-learning something new each day, even if I don't go through the books I get from cover to cover.

A couple of months ago, I bought three books from Amazon, all references. If I had bought them off-the-shelf, I would've forked out more. It was the first time I used the online service and everything went smoothly. The moment I received mailed notification a month after I placed my order, I took a tricycle in my freshly-woken and unbathed state to the Marikina Post Office, just behind the City Hall. I haven't gotten the chance to study the books I got because of my sked, but at least they're within reach in case I feel like browsing.

When I consider a reference that's particularly pricey, I ask myself if I would pay the same amount for a seminar that covered the same topic, or if I could find similar information on the Web. In most cases, the Web would have a lot of the answers, though sometimes there comes the need for a compact tome that's convenient to bring anywhere. And while I could print articles out with the near-decade old still-works-like-a-charm inkjet at home, I wonder about all those trees.

These past few weeks, the bookstore sales bin has been a friend. Recently published hard-bound references for less than P200!! I got myself a business book and another self-help book. Then on the magazine stand was another discounted book on weight training. When I take a hiatus from blogging in a few weeks, I'll be reading mostly. And drawing. Oh, and writing the next book.

Speaking of words-and-picture books... the bargain bin coughed up a nice surprise. It's the first graphic novel I bought since Arnold's Andong Agimat--a fresh, crisp copy of Meltzer and Morales' Identity Crisis at P675. Not bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout