| I skipped work today--wasn't feeling that well. Must've been that overnight stay at the office to meet deadlines. Working long hours alone at an office isn't new to me, but I could do without hearing fingers gliding across a keyboard from another cubicle at four in the morning. Went to the mall to get some medication. Decided to entertain myself with an Ang Lee fix. Bad idea. I left Brokeback Mountain with an anvil hanging inside my chest. Even if I wasn't able to get a lot out of the dialogue, particularly from Heath Ledger's Ennis Del Mar, the film had the emotional weight of a steamroller, running over the heart as Jake Gylenhaal's Jack Twist utters the soon-to-be-classic line, "I don't know how to quit you." Maybe I should try another film, like I Will Always Love You. |
Thirteen Things About Writing...
I've posted a few drawings recently, so here's a little something about the writing part... Writing is like growing a friendship. In building your deep friendship with Writing, here's what to expect: 1) If you want to be good friends with Writing, you have to spend time with her. Mag-hang out kayo on a regular basis. Kayong dalawa lang. Mag-usap kayo. 2) You'll discover that Writing has her moods. Madalas na totopakin siya't hindi ka niya papakinggan. Gusto mo mang magsulat, but Writing will tell you she has a headache. Be patient with her. 3) Sometimes she'll try to get your attention. Tatawagin ka at 3:00 a.m. at gusto niyang magtelebabad. Worse, she might compete for your time, and your friends won't understand why you'd want to hang out with her. 4) Hindi sasabihin ni Writing ang lahat ng kanyang sikreto. It's your job to find out her secrets from other sources--books, other writers, websites, etc. She'll say, "Find out first, then we...
Comments
I still cry when I watch it.
Beautiful and powerful movie.
"If you can't change it, you gotta stand it" - Ennis del Mar
Mark and Tobie...Ang lakas ng zone-out action niya! Makes one think about that lost chance...*sigh*
Luis...Nakita ko na siya! Thanks much! MWAH!
Hala!!!
Watch Close to You. :-)