Signs

I saw the sign
and it opened up my eyes
I saw the sign
No one's gonna drag you up
to get into the light
where you belong


I've been asking for signs on a semi-regular basis. Signs to give me an idea of how to go about my life over a period, or signs that help me in my decision-making. Some of the signs have been so blatant, they're freaky, but most have been ambiguous. But generally, they've done me a lot of good.

I live my life unmindful of a specific path. I just walk and walk, with the wind and heart as my map. While I plan a whole lot, to the point of constructing complex diagrams when I feel like it, my Aquarian soul can be unpredictable even to myself. So when I get tired from all the walking, I take a moment to ask the wind and my heart where I should go next. That's when I ask for signs.

Recently, the signs I've asked for have been giving mixed messages, which to a degree defeats the entire purpose of what signs are for. When the heart goes one way and the wind another, the mind tries to mitigate, and even then the direction remains obscure, as if the poles have taken to shifting thus confusing the compass.

What the new signs clearly offer, however, are opportunities. Not clear-cut paths, but a single point of reference, like the north star. With the right navigational instruments and careful calculation, I may just reach the next great place in my life. But it's also during this process where a lot of internal issues jump out of the box in post-Halloween revelry. The fear is economic in nature, and I don't know if I'm brave enough. It's that play-by-ear thing again.

(So when Ace of Base said "No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light," were they just exercising artistic license?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout