Mukhang Comics Concert

Saturday night videoke was a blast with special guest Jaime Bautista of Nautilus Comics working his vocals into our motley symphony. Now I dare say that apart from Elbert Or, Jaime’s got one crush-worthy voice. I never imagined I’d be swooning over Quit Playing Games With My Heart, sung by Jaime, Elbert and Vin.

Here’s a crazy thought, one that’s been floating around for some time now: a fund-raising concert featuring our very own comic stars! I know that Nil Yu (Superman: Birthright) has a band, and there is the J Brothers Band who churned out Exodus in the mid-nineties. Andrew Drilon had mentioned that he and some peeps were assembling one of their own. And I’d like to think that there are folks from Mango Comics, Culture Crash, Questor Extreme Mangamania, etc., who have some talent unbeknownst to the waking world. Hmmm… who else?

Just thinking out loud, here are some of our possible contributions to the “Mukhang Komiks” concert:

Cheese Segment
The Nearness of You – Nikki Alfar
The Promise – Dean Alfar
The Way You Look Tonight – Tobie Abad
Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang? – Dean Alfar and me
Until I Get Over You – Me

UpBeat Segment
Complicated – Nikki Alfar and Andrew Drilon
Your Body Is A Wonderland – Jaime Bautista
Rock DJ – Tobie Abad and Elbert Or
Can’t Get Enough of Your Love – Me
Loving You - Tobie Abad and me
Dying Inside – Vin Simbulan and Elbert Or
Just Like A Pill – Nikki Alfar
Tuwing Umuulan At Kapiling Ka – Dean Alfar and Vin Simbulan

Backstreet Boys Segment - Vin Simbulan, Elbert Or, Jaime Bautista, Andrew Drilon
Quit Playing Games with My Heart
Get Down
I Want It That Way


For those who don't want to sing, maybe they can dance (hee hee) or help organize the selling booths and whatnots. Proceeds from the concert will go to a “Philippine comics development fund,” or perhaps help out Gerry Alanguilan’s comics museum in Laguna.

This is obviously a pipe dream. For who’s gonna shell out moolah to watch a bunch of concert performer wannabees?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout