Can't Find the Words

Darnit! I can't write.

The moment my pen touches my ruled pad, or my fingers rest on the keyboard, my mind goes blank. The words can't seem to find their way home. Even as I write this, I struggle.

There's a two-fold meaning to this as I look back through all those times this would happen, comparing days when strings of thoughts would pour out and flourish, to those paralyzed by dead air and deserts.

I've discovered that I am more able to write creatively when I am, well, sad or angsty. And this inability to churn out even the most meager prose must translate to my being free of negativity, at least for now. And that's a good thing, right? I'm tasting a sort of emotional stability after over a year, and it's a refreshing change.

But I can't write.

Surely, I should be able to. Nothing a little reorientation can't fix. A little bit more reading, a few simple exercises, and some patience ought to jumpstart my system back to form. Heck, I'm targetting a mere two short stories before April. Shouldn't be that tough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout