Out of My Hands

Last night at Country Waffles, I met with the people who have tentative involvement with the Zsazsa film. (I say tentative, because things can change over the course of this project.) They were the tentative director, the talent manager of the tentative choices for actors, and the tentative screenwriter, a fun and intelligent bunch who gave me valuable insights about the showbiz industry, confirming a few impressions and shedding blinding light on others.

The issue of creative control had been thrown at me way before I was even contacted by any movie studio for the Zsazsa film. Back then till now, I chose to take a stance of non-involvement. Sure, it would be nice if the film were faithful to the original, doubly so if my wishlist was followed to the letter. But we all know that’s never going to happen, so it would be in your best interest to not expect anything. I know I’m not.

While I appreciate those who have expressed concern about how the movie’s going to turn out, such concerns are beyond me and my limited influence. My sphere of creative control over the movie is as effective as a suggestion box, and all I can do is to trust whoever’s going to make the final cut to do the best they can in adapting what they refer to as ‘groundbreaking work.’

I’m more concerned about the comics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout