Hierbas



I’ve begun to write some script lines for my Hinirang-based horror/drama grafiction tale, tentatively titled Hierbas (Weeds). In its essence, Hierbas tells about the lengths one might choose to go through to guarantee one’s status in the public eye, in a society defined by conquest politics and religious underconflict.

At its core is a love triangle, its narrative flourished with history, magic, strangeness, and other classical fantasy trimmings. (Tall order, yes. I am well aware of my penchant for self-destruction.) This baby I project to run between 100 to 150 pages, and because Hinirang is largely based on Spanish Philippines, there’s quite a bit of research that needs to be done. I don’t expect to finish the script soon and, needless to say, there exists the ever-present threat of The Shelf.

In any case, I don’t think I’ll be able to squeeze in another solo project within the year. There’s already too much on the plate, like finally finally finally getting One Magic Moment out in all its photocopied splendor, updating the Hinirang website, and getting a few morsels out of the way. As far as publishing goes, compiling the two parts of Zsazsa Zaturnnah into one tome is my priority for the year. (In case you’re chronologically-diverted, we’re a little over a month away from the start of the Philippine Christmas season.)

Speaking of the Hinirang website, my second piece of short fiction Isa Pang Awit has made its way onto The Shelf, and will stay there until another wave of inspiration in favor of it hits me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout