Project: Self-Recreation

My friend Angelo called me up one day and told me of a 'quarter-life crisis,' that mid-20s point in a person's life where the first major barrage of existentalist angst confronts the superego. All those familiar questions: What have I done? What am I meant to do? Is what I'm doing now of any significance? Where am I going? Who am I? Who do I want to be?

One of the by-products of the modern life is the increased need to 'catch up.' (Some hall-of-fame Luddites, for example, have found themselves succumbing to the call of the Internet and cellphones.) Because of this 'catch up' need, the anxiety levels increase, even more so because there are just too many options out there. Too many options, like shopping mall food courts, and one is ironically left having difficulty choosing. Add to this quagmire one's basic roles and responsibilities, as son or daughter, mother or father, husband or wife, etc.

This is one of the major themes I'm considering for the next solo book.

The question is, will it have gay characters?

Heheheh... why shouldn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout