My Bittersweet, Melodramatic Gay Comic Book

For the 2017 digital edition, I changed the cover.
Back in 2001, when social media wasn't a thing yet, I self-published my first comic book called "One Night In Purgatory." It's a simple story about a gay guy and a straight guy--best friends--who spend a night talking about a turning point in their friendship.

That 56-page story earned me my first book award citation, a finalist slot for a Manila Critics Circle National Book Award. I wasn't able to earn back my investment, but it gave me a taste of going about the whole comic-making biz on my own.

Now, 16 years after I first released it, I converted "One Night in Purgatory" to digital format. If you want to have a copy (in either PDF or CBR format), you can get it for the ridiculously low price of Php60, or less that $1.30.

You can get it through Gumroad. No registration necessary. All they need is your email address and payment information. Once you've made payment, you will receive an email containing a link to the download page. Click here to go to the very simple purchase page.

If you're not into bittersweet, melodramatic gay comics, maybe you know someone who does and give the book as a gift. When you go to the purchase page, there's an icon that looks like a gift. Click on that, and you will be asked to type in the email address of the person you want to send it to. You can even add a personal message.

As of this writing, it's been 20 hours since I posted about this on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Total sales so far? 30 units. Hopefully it gains more traction over the next few days.

Thanks for reading, and thanks to everyone who got the book and shared my posts.

Comments

Kiks said…
Hi Carver.

Nalungkot ako sa desisyon mong tumigil sa paggawa ng graphic comics. Part 2 lang ang naabutan ko ng ZZZ sa Kalakhang Maynila at tila wala ng kopya ng Part 1.

Naisip ko, bakit hindi tayo magcrowdfunding para sa Part 3 mo?

Maganda rin ang idea na idigitize mo ang comics mo. Mas maraming maaabot sa labas ng bansa.

Sana me kopya pa ng Part 1 para makakuha ako. Mageemail ako sa NB at FB para alamin kung me kopya pa sila.

Sana bumongga pa karir mo teh. Pinapaligaya mo ang sangkabekihan dahil ke Zsa Zsa. Deadma na sa mga hitad na andaming alam sa buhay.

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout