A Guide on How To Make Stories - A Third Attempt

If you've read the series of blog entries I've been posting about how to create a comics story, that's actually my second attempt at this. (My first attempt was through a small workshop I conducted with volunteers and pizza. That was fun.)

I will admit that even those blog entries have come off sounding complicated, even to me. I haven't gotten substantial feedback on them, and that tells me that they haven't made any impact. (Either that or there's not much of an audience for that kind of thing.) I'm trying again, since the main reason for my doing this is to come up with something I could personally use. There's so much information out there on the topic, from books to blogs, interviews to courses, so I wanted to distill all that information into something manageable.

I'm in the process of putting together a third attempt, which incorporates the lessons I've learned while developing "Zaturnnah sa Maynila" and "Kung Paano Ako Naging Leading Lady." (This, as opposed to "One Night in Purgatory" and the first Zaturnnah book, which I developed without a clear method.) It's still about story development and structuring, and I find this new method more streamlined and more practical without stifling creative freedom.

While testing the new method, I've found that the time I spend developing stories has been cut substantially. I find it deceptively simple, but not simplistic. And I'm currently putting it through an acid test--I'm developing a new play and a new graphic novel.

If I get through the development process consistently faster, then all I have to do is put it down on paper. And share it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

The Brilliance of 'Atang'