After a million years, I finally got another good workout in. I’d usually go about it for 90 or so minutes but, since it has been a while, I tapered it down to about an hour to get the old bod used to lifting again. I’ve laxed a bit too much; the waistline has shot up to over 35 inches when I vowed to not let it go over 33. I’m gonna try for twice-weekly sessions, or maybe sign up at a nearby gym. Whatever. A workout is a workout, and it shouldn’t matter how often I do it or where. Here we go again.

- - - - - -

Finally got to see Charlie’s Angels. Fun fun fun. Eye candy all around. The women were hot. The men were hot. Though I’d have loved more of the melee combat sequences, I had a great time with it. Next up is Gil Portes’ Munting Tinig (Small Voices), Dancing in the Dark, and hopefully, the long-overdue The Hulk.

- - - - - -

Sunday early morning, around 2:30 am. I was with Vin and Marco in the van cruising down C-5 towards Aurora Boulevard when a disturbing sight caught our attention: a red car turned turtle at the side of the road. There was a tow truck at the scene and a couple of other vehicles, too. It could have been a drunk driver, but we concluded that it may have been one of ‘em young drag racers. I found myself devoid of pity at the display of irresponsibility.

- - - - - -

Over my customary coffee at Figaro last night, my brain began to tinker with another plot for a comic book. I’m beginning to hate it when that happens. I will attribute this phase of brain activity to my one-book-a-year self-promise. There were those who have considered Part Two of Zsazsa Zaturnnah as my book for 2003, and I have mentally punched their teeth out. A second part of something, anything, isn’t independent of its predecessor.

I should come up with an idea journal, something I heard a lot of writers keep. There they put down all their big ideas, mostly incoherent, with the hopes that some of the ideas will eventually mesh and mutate into some story-worthy plot.

Slowing down with the Zsazsa In Manila script. (((sigh)))

- - - - - -

This December, my brother Earl will tie the knot with Carol. That will leave me as the only brood of the nuclear family to be unwed. As with my other brother Baron who got married three years ago, I will be hosting Earl’s reception as well as designing the wedding invites. I’ll be singing, by his request, Jamie Rivera’s I’ve Fallen For You

To induce indigestion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

The Brilliance of 'Atang'