This is the time of year when I take another hiatus from writing in the ol' bloggie. I shall resume the semi-regular unveiling of this loveless, jobless, penniless life come 2005, unless something worth anyone's attention comes up. Not that beauty contest trivia is ever worth anyone's attention, mind you. Just goes to show how low this side of the net can go.

2004 wasn't such a bad year for me. I've won some and I've lost some. Went through the motions with songs in my head, starting from a throbbing Prodigy then segueing to a wailing Kate Bush before mellowing into the fuzziness of some dusty vinyl record scratched silly by adamantium claws. A real good year, yes. Could be better.

But along with that, I know I've lots to be thankful for. I've been blessed and cursed. There're those who've shown me unconditional love and understanding, and those who've shown me conditional love and understanding. To the latter, I'll say "fuck you" and "bless you" at the same time, and hope that the angels come and give you flying lessons. As they say, you can't be a good person without the bad people around giving you hell.

Thanksgiving is around the corner, so happy turkey stuffing to everyone. For something that comes from a game fowl with a perennial sinus problem, turkey meat is too dry for me. They say it's in the sauce or the stuffing. Maybe that's what everyone's actually thankful for. "Thank goodness for cranberry sauce! Or else I can't eat this shit!"

But what do I know? I've only had the thing once almost a decade ago.

Going back, I'd like to say my customary thanks to everyone who visits this repository of spellbinding knowledge, especially those who've spent extra calories typing up a comment or two. It really means a lot. Tells me I'm not alone in the world.

I better go before I get the sniffies. Lots that I have to do before the year ends and time's a-wastin'. Merry Christmas in advance to everyone, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year, and I'll throw in a Happy Bonifacio Day for good measure. Get lots of love and give some out, too. Surprise friends and family with warm hugs, babies with kisses on their rumpers, and your pets with licks on their tummies (they'll get a good kick out of it).

That's that. Over and out. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout