Slumps

Met up with Vin last night, and told him that I was in the middle of a creative slump. It's one of those events again, and it's been showing in the way I've been writing my blog entries. Bleechhh...

With Siglo out of the way, I'm supposed to be heavy into Jason's 15-page supernatural comics story. But I couldn't find it in me to start the artwork. With personal deadlines looming for other comics and writing projects, I'm getting worried again.

But I've started jobhunting. At this point, it's the do-your-best-God-do-the-rest principle. I don't know anymore what job to look for, so I'll be trying my luck as far as my luck goes.

I know for sure that I don't want to go back to working for an agency. I don't think that I can handle it anymore at this stage. Anyway, most of my career has been on the client side so that's the best way to go right now. With my body clock cleanly adjusted, I can go for the nine-to-six again.

Teaching is a strong option, too. I got good feedback from students during my short stint at De La Salle, so I plan to send an application to the Taft campus within the week. But it's in freakin' Manila. All that wasted travel time. Maybe I could try other universities. The University of Asia and the Pacific is a pleasant walk away from where I live, but I don't know if they have any vacancies, or have anything in their curriculum that I can teach. And their website says that teaching positions have that MA-degree requisite.

I've been wanting to pursue a graduate degree for the longest time, and I feel that now's the right time to do so. My undergraduate degree is Marketing Management, and a part of me wants to go for a Marketing MA because 1) I want to teach Marketing and 2) the fees are relatively cheaper.

However, my career has been focused on Communications, so an MA in that field is the most logical course to take. If I teach under the Communications department, I could get a good subsidy for the MA.

Bahala na.

I can hear someone laughing right now. Here's a stake in your eyeball, bucko.

Good luck to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout