Dirty Drawing

I started drawing comics again, and discovered to my dismay how slow I’ve become. But this may be just a temporary setback since I haven’t done a comics page in nearly a year. Wow, it’s been that long.

The project at hand is a simple ten-pager for a friend as payment for the dining table he gave me. Science-fiction erotica of the heterosexual sort, but more of the erotica than the sci-fi. (Okay, okay, so it’s more hard core than erotica.)

Drawing comics of this sort doesn’t differ much from drawing comics in general, save perhaps for the ability to draw from some special camera angles, and consequently rendering the human body in varieties of contortion. One of my favorite creators in this genre is Italian artist Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri with his classic Druuna series. If you can handle it, feast on his works at the official site.

While photographic references help a lot, a few liberties have to be exercised to bring out that…ahem… larger than life feel. It is, after all, a fantasy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout