Eye Strain

Haven’t been able to get much reading done. I could barely make it through three pages of Durwin Talon’s Panel Discussions (TwoMorrows Publishing) without having to squint.

I spend most of the day bathing my eyes in the glare of my monitor. When work is done, I go to Country Waffles for a quick caffeine fix and do a bit of reading or, concurrently, plan the plates for the Zsazsa Zaturnnah compilation. I haven’t been able to tackle my sideline projects – I can do them tomorrow. Whatever.

I’d completely forgotten the grade level of my eyes. I got plagued by astigmatism since early on, and I do know that my eyesight has gotten worse recently, which was wholly my fault. See, because my ancient frame was too retro for retro’s sake, I stopped wearing them without bothering to get a new one. My vision was unenhanced for four whole years, I believe, and I wasn’t keen on dealing with the inconveniences of contacts.

So my current frames are getting old and tarnished, and I mayhaps earmark an amount to replace them. Sheesh. I ain’t even sure what looks good on me.

Hollywood Coffers

Based on reports featured in Box Office Guru, the top 30 films in terms of worldwide box office gross as of mid-July this year are as follows. (Amounts are in US$million)

Titanic (1835.4); Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (965.8); Star Wars Episode I (922.5); Jurassic Park(919.8); The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (918.7); Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (866.3);

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (860.4); Independence Day (811.4); Spider-Man (806.7); The Lion King (766.9); The Matrix Reloaded (735); E.T. (704.8); Forrest Gump (679.7); The Sixth Sense (661.5);

Star Wars Episode II (648.3); The Lost World (614.4); Pirates of the Caribbean (587.7); Men in Black (587.2); Armageddon (549.2); Mission: Impossible 2 (538.4); Monsters, Inc. (529); Ghost (517.5);

Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (516.5); Star Wars (513); Aladdin (497.3); Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade (494.6); Twister (493.6); Toy Story 2 (485.7); Saving Private Ryan (485.1); Shrek (478.1)

(Films in italics are those I haven't seen.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout