Offline

Internet service at home has been out of order for a few days now, which is why I haven't been blogging lately. To pass the time, I cleaned up my computer files, did a bit of writing, and drew and colored a pin-up of Wanda Maximoff (a.k.a. The Scarlet Witch). I'll post that as soon as I can.

I've actually begun to slow down in the writing department, with my brain shifting to drawing mode. During the time I've spent putting words to paper, my sketches would more often be really rough. I couldn't get myself to draw cleanly. After the shift, my writing has become less focused, and my drawing has been more precise. It's a seesaw effect I hadn't really paid much attention to.

So now I'm doing rough layouts of the first part of the Zaturnnah script. Even though the script for the second act isn't complete, I know its time will come.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday was my niece's birthday. I found myself for the very first time at the Mall of Asia, and I promised myself that I'd be going back if only to achieve the victory of exploring every corner of its innards. With me were niece and nephew, mom, sis, and the sitter, and we ended our five-hour stay with Imax's Deep Sea 3D. Pretty cool, though two-thirds into the 40-minute documentary, the area between my eyebrows grew sore. I thought, this 3D experience isn't something I'd want to watch a big-budget effects movie with.

Happy birthday, Andee! I still owe you your gift. :-)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

My 24th Real Living issue as art director, the annual Shopping Special features dozens of the best homestores in and around the metro.

The latest issue also has stories about home theater systems, fancy silicone kitchen equipment, various ceiling treatments, fabrics, and a makeover that upgrades a teeny-bopper bedroom.

For a sneak peek, click here.

Get your copy, now na!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Carv,

I'm just curious. Other than art directing/editing REAL LIVING, illustrating the Graphic Novels, do you also do some interior designing on your own time ? could you post up your recent digs ?

Auggie
Carver said…
Hello Auggie! I don't do interior design. And from what I've learned about the profession, I don't think my heart can take the pressure. :-)
Anonymous said…
What do you mean pressure ? deadlines for those Graphic Novels and directing makulit personnel ain't enough pressure for you ? mas grabe ba sa Interior Design ?

Ano ka ba , graduate sa Fine Arts, major in Interior Design ? Advertising ? Industrial Design ?Digital Arts ? or Architecture ?

I'm impressed by the many hats you are wearing.....


Auggie
Carver said…
Hahah!! Thanks much! :-)

I graduated with a marketing degree, but my career path brought me to PR and eventually graphic design. Making comics was a hobby at first.

Interior design is regulated, and a license is needed to practice. And, yes, I hear that the pressures involved in interior design can be harsh.
Anonymous said…
Tungkol sa regulation and license sa Interior Design, tila mi controversy akong nababasa ngayon sa issue na ito. Mi mga high -profile daw na practitioners nito pero actually wala raw lisensiya to practice dahil hindi kumuha ng gov't exams, nadadala lang daw sa media-hype at spin doctoring. what can you say about this ?

At buhay pa pala si Mom Belen Morey. Inabot ko pa ito sa UST noong 60s, she must be on her 80s now, ano ? an daming magagandang chicks noon doon sa mga Interior Design classes ni Mrs. Morey.
Carver said…
anonymous... yes, there is controversy. Real Living magazine is thankfully not involved. I don't know all the facts, honestly, to be able to give a credible opinion on the matter. But the Real Living blog does have an entry about this, which you can check out:

http://www.realliving.com.ph/blog/?p=102
love sms said…
do you also do some seo on your own time ?by the way nice all
love sms

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout