Bouncing back is always difficult, especially after particularly traumatizing experiences. The best way I’ve found to help in the healing is to retract and take another road, subject myself to a new set of experiences, put myself in that white-walled infirmary removed from the environment of the past. It’s like doing a Coelho and admitting oneself to the looney bin. Sure, there’ll be a whole lot of looneys, but they’re of a different crazy mold. So many songs have proclaimed the world to be crazy anyway, and insanity has become subjective. Everyone’s a lunatic.

I still fall into that funk occasionally, when my mind turns a blank and ghosts come to invade the hollow. I can’t even put together a proper story anymore, or even write a song. Normally, when I’m depressed, creativity breaks through the dam. Now, even that has been affected. It frustrates me that it’s been too long since.

But thankfully, I have a good job, some cash in my pocket and friends who call me up to chat and laugh heartily about anything. I’ve been going about my usual solitary movie-watching, and working out regularly again. No worries, no pressure. The simplicity is therapeutic.

So I’ve seen Unleashed, Madagascar and Mr. And Mrs. Smith, all featuring different kinds of animals. I’ll be seeing Batman, too, completing the zoo. I want to make another graphic novel soon, about another kind of animal. But for now that animal sleeps. Which reminds me... I gotta head home now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ei.. just a new fan here. i just want to ask if available pa yung one night in purgatory. i tried searching for it sa comic quest sa sm north. out of stock daw. i want to go to sm mega but im not sure kung meron dun. if you have time, text me, 09208403006, or kung sa sun, 09224789575. thanks. :) have a nice day...
Charles said…
Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Ummm, what's the animal in Mr. and Mrs. Smith? =)
Anonymous said…
Hello Nei... One Night In Purgatory is no longer available, though I still have stocks at home. Kung makakapunta ako sa ToyCon, I just might sell copies there at a reduced price. Have a great weekend! (By the way, please refrain from posting your celphone numbers. Baka may magsamantala.) :-)

Charrrlllleeessss... How ya doing? The animals are Brad and Angelina. :-)
Tobie said…
Brad and Angelina...


MGA HAYOP KAYO!


yep, animals.
Anonymous said…
TOBBBIIIEEEE!!!! :-) HUGSS
Anonymous said…
Doing fine, albeit busy. =)

Hey, now you can add Batman to the list of "animals" you've seen. - Charles

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout