Reading The Onan Circle

The best part about Saturday night (or morning) was finally getting to read as a group, Dean's Palanca award-winning one act "The Onan Circle," an insightful, hilarious, and blatant look into the private world of online encounters. We had read a previous unfinished version of the piece (initially intended as a full-lengther), and I'm glad that Dean decided to do his massive cuts and edits to shorten it into its beautiful one-act incarnation.

If this play were staged, I'd love to be in it... except for that one scene, though...

Twilight Panelling

We capped at around 3 a.m. I asked Vin to take me to Whistle Stop - Libis for my customary after-gimik caffeine dose and scoop of chocolate ice cream. It was there where I began panelling Vin's script for Twilight Empires.

I found myself scratching my scalp. Someone needs further education.

The Niece

Sunday afternoon. I woke up and had a bit of lunch, then spent a couple of hours with my niece, Andee. She'll be turning five this month, and we've been making fine conversation. Simple topics, like what she does in pre-school, or who her favorite F4 boy is.

(Which reminds me: The original F4 band is American, composed of Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny. I just had to say that.)

Then in my bedroom we did a bit of coloring on scratched Zsazsa print outs. I was surprised to see her mini-marker set all complete in its plastic container. She'd usually lose her coloring implements to the negative zone, you see. I did the page with the giant frog while she did the page where Zsazsa first dons her costume. Though she gets the colors all wrong, at least she takes care to keep inside the lines.

I plopped onto the bed and began reading my take-home tome from yesterday's foray into CCHQ -- Kurt Busiek and Brent Anderson's Astro City: Life in the Big City. From what I've read so far, I ought to be getting the rest of the trades. While I was reading, Andee asked what colors the zombies should be, and I said that zombies came in different colors and she could use whatever she wanted.

She grabbed the pink marker.

When Andee was done with her coloring, we took a short nap. It's amazing to see how much she's grown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout