Calming Down

Just when I had thought I had enough on my plate, two new paying opportunities dangled in front of my face. They're fairly simple affairs which can be done in an hour or two, but I made the mistake of adding those to my already long list of to-dos, which sent my senses reeling at the tightness of schedules. People would say that it's a great problem, having all these things to do and getting paid for most of them, but my sanity was already making physiognomy-defying somersaults, double-twists, and contortions. (I couldn't say no to the jobs because they're returning clients and they pay well.)

I asked Bok what he'd do in a similar situation, and he gave me an answer that put my perspectives in check: stop and talk to God.

Of course! How could I have forgotten? Here I was drowning in thought, unsure of where to start, and all I needed to do to get out of the rut was to take spiritual medication.

Whew! I'm calmer now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Pace Comics

What Would You Do With 11 Billion Pesos?

Two Weeks Since Burnout